Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Shimbashi Soba!

Hey guys!
As you guys may have already know I'm having my holidays right now! WHOOHOO!!
So I'll be going to many places(or so I hope I will) and will be blogging more often!
Do check back and take a look if you guys have time okay! :) HAHA
Feeling super thick skinned but whatever hahaha XD

On to the main topic!
Last Friday I went to a Japanese restaurant at Paragon with the Zi Ching, Ken, Jane and Lucas!
And as you can probably tell from the tittle the name of the restaurant is Shimbashi Soba!
At Shimbashi Soba, all their noodles are handmade by their experienced soba masters (As quoted from their website.)

That day I decided to open my Luxury Len 58 in blue and wear it out.


Hopefully you can see the blue :)
My friends tell me, its really natural and subtle.
Nice? :)

We arranged to meet at Orchard MRT station before heading to Paragon together.
However I arrived a little too early so I walked around and chanced upon this bakery named Sophie
And I decided to try out their Lemon Meringue Pie which was $5


Looks yummy huh? HAHAHA



A quick review on it: The lemon filling in the pie was really sour while the cream/icing on top was sweet, together they really are a really good combination. The crust of the pie was nice, it wasn't too dry or too wet.
What's really cool about the Lemon Meringue Pie, I feel was the cream/icing on top.
The very top portion where it looks like its roasted really tastes like marshmallows and going down it tasted like normal sweet cream/icing. Really cool.

Sorry, I don't really know all those baking terms and stuff, but that's just my own general opinions as a food lover (Y)

Side tracking a little, as I knew that Jane was going to Grin Affair before meeting us, I KINDLY(HAHAH)
 requested for her to buy me one of their cake in a jar.



 The above one is Jane's cookies and cream!
And the below one is my matcha azuki!


Mine was kinda bitter, after all it's matcha, but it was okay I feel.
If you go to grin affair thought do try out their cookies and cream!
Its really nice, I tried it the other time I went there with my kohchingphanglau!

Moving on!
At Shimbashi Soba, we really saw the soba master making the noodles!
It was super cool, too bad I didn't snap a picture...

At our seat, in fact every seat, there were paper like these telling us about the benefits of soba and why it's so good!



Okay. So i guess we all kind of knew that the prices were going to be steep but we were still shocked at how high they were. HAHAHHA STUDENTS* LOL
After discussing for a bit, I decided to share one of the sets they have with Jane and also ordered another place of raw salmon just for myself.
I LOVELOVELOVE raw salmonnnnnnnnn!

So........ we camwhored a bit and took some pictures while waiting for the food. HAHAHA
I went to collect my kitty beanie before meeting them! YAYYYYY!
CUTE AS IDK WHAT SHIT HAHAHA!

Think I might do a blog post on the things I bought recently, what do you guys think?
Jane and I :)

I don't know what I'm doing here T.T

After waiting for quite a while, the food came!!!

Ken and Ziching

YAY RAW SALMON!


NOMNOMNOM!

My comments? NICE! NOMNOM NICE. 
The food here is more of quality over quantity though, which depending on your preference may be good or bad. 
But for me overall it was a good experience, and I would go back once in a while if I want to have good food. HAHA

After eating we took some more photo before leaving the restaurant.
The best group photo taken that day! HAHA


So that's about it for the food part, we all just shopped around after it.
We spent the most time in Forever 21, but I didn't buy much just a set or earrings.
JIANG JIANG!!

Pretty huh? It just looks so sweet HEHE
Oh ya, the price tag stated that it was $8, and I was contemplating a little!
But when I brought to to the cashier, BIG SURPRISE!
It was only $5. SWEET!~

Jane, Lucas and I taking photos using one of F21's mirror. HAHHA
OOTD YO~

We also went to Etude House and we.. HAHA kind of played with their cosmetics with ZC putting make up on Ken and shit. HAHHA XD
Bet the salesgirls must be really mad at us! 
BUT YOLO! HAHAHA

Oh but in Etude House, I also found a lipstick which I really like and think that the colour suits me.
It's their Dear My Blooming Series Lipstick in the colour PK013.
The thing was thought I didn't buy it, neither am I going to buy it from any of their retail shop, cause I found out that it's sold at a cheaper prices onlibe. Will talk about this more if I do make a blog post on what I bought recently :)

Anyways, that's about it. I hope you enjoyed reading this~


No comments:

Post a Comment